Introduction to Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport
Gateway to northern Poland
The second biggest regional airport in Poland. In 2019 5,4 mln passengers (8% increase)
Rapidly growing and developing Gdansk Metropolitan Area (around 1 mln inhabitants) within Pomeranian Region ( 2.3 mln population) and catchment area of 7.5 mln in 200 km range.
Competitive airport costs, marketing and PR support, and much more
Best airport infrastructure in the region (2800m RWY, modern terminal for 7+ mln pax/an with new pier building up expending pax capacity even further (expected to be done in 2021), jetbridges, 25 min MCT in direct transit, ILS CAT II...
The Lufthansa Group LCC will base five Airbus A320s at the Swedish airport and initially serve 10 destinations.
- Airline in Focus: LOT Polish Airlines
- Wizz, easyJet make summer network additions
- Ryanair eyes up to 70% of normal traffic, plans Belfast City return
- Route Analysis: Kyiv-Lodz
- Smartwings plans first 737 MAX route in Europe since recertification
- Ryanair to suspend service from Irish regional airports