Introduction to Houston Airport System
Houston, the fourth-largest city in the United States, is home to over 29 Fortune 500 companies, 91 foreign consular offices, and exceeds 3,000 international firms. The city is renowned around the globe as the 'energy capital of the world.' In addition, Houston has a diverse international population of more than 6.5 million residents and more than one fifth of the city's population is foreign born.
International air service via Houston taps into strong ethnic, leisure, and corporate travel markets. With one of the largest federal inspection services facilities in the United States,...
The carrier has returned to the airport for the first time since 2005 and started five new routes.
- Spirit expands from LAX, adds third Mexican destination
- United, Southwest becoming direct competitors at O'Hare & IAH
- Peru accepting flights from North American airports
- Southwest Airlines outlines Miami / Palm Springs network from Nov 2020
- Southwest Airlines to serve Chicago O’Hare and Houston Intercontinental in 2021
- Southwest Airlines W20 Network additions as of 06OCT20