Introduction to Chicago O'Hare
O’Hare International Airport is a major North American international gateway airport, hosting United and American Airlines’ dual hubs and offering service to approximately 200 domestic and international destinations. O’Hare is among the top five busiest airports in the world, handling nearly 67 million passengers and over 878,000 aircraft operations in 2011. The Airport is also a premiere North American gateway for inter-alliance connecting opportunities – served by 17 member airlines from two of the largest global airline alliances, Star Alliance and oneworld.
Flights are being added from Washington and Houston following the removal of quarantine restrictions for fully vaccinated passengers.
- Tentative approval given for ExpressJet’s revival
- Frontier unveils Atlanta, Dallas and Las Vegas expansion
- SAS set to return to all US destinations
- Alaska to add domestic services from Boise, Idaho
- Airlines invited to apply for oneworld London-US slots
- Vistara receives tentative approval for US service