Introduction to Chicago O'Hare
O’Hare International Airport is a major North American international gateway airport, hosting United and American Airlines’ dual hubs and offering service to approximately 200 domestic and international destinations. O’Hare is among the top five busiest airports in the world, handling nearly 67 million passengers and over 878,000 aircraft operations in 2011. The Airport is also a premiere North American gateway for inter-alliance connecting opportunities – served by 17 member airlines from two of the largest global airline alliances, Star Alliance and oneworld.
American abandoned Joplin Regional Airport in 2019; SkyWest will operate under the United Express brand.
- American expands Chicago leisure offer
- Qantas-American transpacific route alliance set for extension
- LOT revives Krakow-New York plans
- JFK route is a ‘vote of confidence’ for Athens
- Aeromexico and LATAM apply to codeshare on US routes
- Qatar Airways boosts US flying, Emirates returns to Australia