About The Airport
Aqaba Airports Company (AAC) is Operator of King Hussein International Airport (KHIA) as per the airport certification by Jordan Civil aviation Regulatory Commission (CARC).
KHIA meets the ICAO requirements for Category 4E, we serve more than 35 Airlines destinating 13 different destinations.
King Hussein International Airport to be the Airport of Choice in the Region.
Aqaba City is unique among other Red Sea, Mediterranean and North African resort destinations.
Aqaba Gulf is renowned for its wonderful diving, and various aviation-related activities (ballooning, parachuting etc.) have been recently added to the list.
Aqaba City is a Special Economic Zone (ASEZ) which is a duty-free, low-tax multi-sector development zone.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Royal Wings, Jordan Aviation, Petra Airlines, Royal Jordanian
- Number of Serving Airlines: 35
- Number of Direct Destinations: 13
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,000
- Ownership: Aqaba Airports Company (AAC) is Operator of King Hussein International Airport (KHIA)