About The Airport
Brno–Turany Airport is a public international airport in Brno, Czech Republic. Around 7.5 km away from Brno city centre, the airport lies on the edge of the historical Austerlitz battlefield.
Brno-Turany Airport's terminal consists of two concourses and its new departure hall (opened in 2006) is capable of handling 1,000 passengers per hour.
In total, Brno-Turany Airport handled 543,633 passengers in 2019, which was a year-on-year increase of 8.5% compared to 2018. In 2020, Brno Airport checked-in 86,089 passengers. Due to measures to cope with the covid-19 pandemic, this was an 84% year-on-year decrease compared to 2019.
Designed by architect Petr Parolek, the building is considered to be one of the most significant projects of Czech contemporary architecture and a striking example of the growing trend of "organic architecture". The airport offers some bars, a duty-free shop, car rentals, ATM and exchange office. The airport is covered by a free WiFi.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Smartwings, Ryanair, TNT/FedEx, DHL Air Ltd., Swiftair, S.A.
- Number of Serving Airlines: 7
- Number of Direct Destinations: 23 (3 scheduled, 20 seasonal)
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 09/27, 2650 × 60 m (concrete)
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 543,633
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 3 750 t
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 2,5 mil
- Urban Population: 0,4 mil
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 10