About The Airport
Brno–Turany Airport is an airport in Brno, Czech Republic. Around 7.5 km away from Brno city centre, the airport lies on the edge of the historical Austerlitz battlefield.
Brno-Turany Airport's terminal consists of two concourses and its new departure hall (opened in 2006) is capable of handling 1,000 passengers per hour.
Designed by architect Petr Parolek, the building is considered to be one of the most significant projects of Czech contemporary architecture and a striking example of the growing trend of "organic architecture".
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Ryanair, Smartwings, TNT/FedEx, Onur Air, Tailwind
- Number of Serving Airlines: 7
- Number of Direct Destinations: 23 (3 scheduled, 20 seasonal)
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 09/27, 2650 × 60 m (concrete)
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 543,633
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 3 750 t
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 2,5 mil
- Urban Population: 0,4 mil
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 10