About The Airport
Welcome to Sydney's new airport
Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport is a rare greenfield opportunity, opening Sydney's skies.
Set to open in 2026, Western Sydney International will cater to international and domestic flights under one roof, servicing up to 10 million passengers a year. Planned to grow in stages, it will eventually cater for more than 80 million passengers a year by the 2060s.
Western Sydney International is designed with passengers and airlines as its heart, creating easy and seamless travel experiences.
We are working with airlines, including Qantas and Virgin Groups, and cargo operators to design their dream airport, from the ground up, providing better ground access for workers, passengers and freight and delivering 24/7 purpose-built freight facility with four dedicated freight stands.
Western Sydney International will:
- 24/7 operations, free from curfew and movement restrictions, opening new opportunities in the Sydney basin
- New travel and freight capacity for Sydney and New South Wales
- Ease of access via multiple transport options
- Catchment of 8 million people and growing
Sydney is open for business.
For more information visit westernsydney.com.au
Western Sydney International is being delivered and will be operated by Western Sydney Airport.
Facts and Figures
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3.7km
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): Opening in 2026 for up to 10 million
- Ownership: Western Sydney Airport
- Operational Opening Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Total Catchment Population: 8 million