Introduction to Greenland International Airports
About the Airports
Kalaallit Airports A/S (aka Greenland International Airports) is the developer and operator of airports in Greenland founded by the Greenlandic government in 2016.
The company is currently constructing three new airports that will significantly improve access to Greenland from North America and Europe:
- Nuuk – Greenland’s capital and growing tourism region (opening late 2024)
- Ilulissat – Major tourism region above the Arctic Circle (opening late 2024)
- Qaqortoq – Gateway to South Greenland’s nature, culture, and history (opening late 2025)
All three airports...
The world’s largest island is forging ahead with several airport infrastructure projects as it seeks to attract new air services.
- Largest blast to date in constructing the Nuuk International Airport
- Press Release: ASM appointed to boost Greenland’s air connectivity
- Airlines partner to boost Canada-Greenland connectivity
- Kalaallit Airports: Construction starts in Ilulissat
- Bid process in motion: Two international airports to open in Greenland
- New airports & new possibilities in Greenland