Introduction to Fukuoka International Airport Co.,Ltd.
Fukuoka Airport (FUK) is the 4th largest airport in Japan and the largest airport in Kyushu, registering 24.6 million passengers in 2019.
Of the 24.6 million total traffic, 17.8 million are domestic passengers and 6.8 million are international passengers.
International Origin-Destination (OD) traffic has been growing strongly, at a five-year compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17%
Concurrently, FUK boasts the highest international non-stop OD yields (US$ / RPK) amongst major Japanese airports, at US$0.157 / RPK (Source: IATA AirportIS, 2018, excluding Korean flights)
The launch forms part of a wider Japanese expansion plan for the Taipei-based airline.
- Route Analysis: Helsinki – Tokyo Haneda
- Vaccination passports ‘important in re-opening Asian markets’
- Cathay Pacific responds to new quarantine rules with route suspensions
- ANA suspends 16 international routes
- Peach restores international flying after seven months
- Analysis: Cathay Pacific slays Dragon brand