About The Airport
Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) continues to offer a vibrant, world-class experience for travellers
Hong Kong International Airport, having an extensive air network of over 220 destinations worldwide through more than 1,100 daily flights by over 120 airlines, is an international aviation hub in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area. Through continuous development of passenger and cargo services, cross-boundary multi-modal transportation network, and various commercial facilities surrounding the airport, HKIA is transforming from a city airport into an Airport City.
In 2019, HKIA handled 71.5 million passengers and 4.8 million tonnes of cargo and airmail, making it one of the world's busiest international passenger airports, and the busiest cargo airport for nine consecutive years. HKIA has been recognised as the world’s best airport more than 70 times, solidifying its leading position as a regional and international aviation hub.
For the latest information please visit:
Facts and Figures
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,800m x 60m - 2 runways in operation
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 71,538,000
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): No. 1 Cargo Airport in World - 4.8 Million Tonnes of cargo and airmail moved in 2019
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Aircraft Parking Stands: Passenger - 115, Cargo - 43, Passenger & mix use - 15, temporary - 12, Long term/maintenance - 21