Volotea launches its base at Lyon Airport and announces 10 new routes
Volotea's sixth base will be launched at Lyon Airport in April 2020.
Following the announcement of the inauguration of its base at Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport in September 2019, Volotea continues its development and announces 10 new routes starting from April 2020 : Athens, Bilbao, Bari, Corfou, Faro, Heraklion, Malaga, Santorini, Venice and Caen.
– Venice, from 14th October 2019, with 4 flights per week and 26,600 seats.
– Bilbao, from 6th April 2020 – exclusive route – Mondays and Fridays, with 16,200 seats.
– Malaga, from 13th April 2020, Mondays and Fridays, with 17,300 seats.
– Bari, from 13th April 2020, – exclusive route – Mondays and Thursdays, and 17,600 seats.
– Athens, from 13th April 2020, Wednesdays and Saturdays, with 17,600 seats.
– Faro, from 13th April 2020, Mondays and Thursdays, with 18,000 seats.
– Caen, from 6th April 2020, Mondays and Fridays, with 18,000 seats.
– Corfu, from 13th April 2020, Sundays (from April to June) and Tuesdays and Sundays (from July to August), with 11,400 seats.
– Heraklion, from 13th April 2020, Saturdays, with 9,000 seats.
– Santorini, from 20th April 2020 – exclusive route - Wednesdays with 8,600 seats.
From Lyon, the airline will now offer 310 300 seats to 18 destinations thus becoming the 3rd airline by the number of destinations offered from Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport. In addition to 10 new destinations, the airline will increase its capacity by 2 to Palma de Mallorca and will also offer additional seats to Split and Valencia.
The CEO of Lyon Airport, Tanguy Bertolus stated, "We are very proud of the inauguration of the new base of Volotea, the major partner of Vinci Airports network. We are doing our best to ensure the operational performance of Volotea and a great customer experience for our passengers. The Volotea base contibutes to the attractiveness of Lyon and its region both in France and in Europe."
“We are very pleased to strengthen the presence of Volotea in France and to open next year our 6th French base in Lyon. This new base allows us to accelerate our development at Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport with 10 new destinations, additional offers for travellers from Lyon and the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. We will create 25 local jobs and our recruitment will start shortly in Lyon.” Carlos Muñoz, Founder and CEO of Volotea stated.
With one Airbus A319 based at Lyon Airport, Volotea will also offer 25 new jobs at Lyon Airport. The recruitment of new employees will be launched shortly.