Marseille Provence airport reveals 2018 traffic figures during its annual press conference
MRS ends 2018 with a new traffic record with 9.4M passengers
9,390,371 passengers flew via Provence platform last year, meaning +4.3% growth vs 2017.
In 2 years, about 1M additional passengers went through Marseille Provence platform!
Growth is driven by international traffic (+6%) – that represents 61% of MRS traffic – but also by domestic traffic (+2%) – that represents 39% of MRS traffic.
The 3 biggest increases reflect MRS core strategy :
- To develop point to point traffic in Europe & the Med
- Volotea welcomed 78% growth, thanks to its new base in MRS last year and the 21 destinations offered
- To reinforce links with major international hubs
- Lufthansa welcomed 23% growth, mostly thanks to its 3rd additional daily flight on MRS-FRA
- To expand long haul routes
- Air Austral welcomed 387% growth
2019 looks even more promising, with many developments to come and the ambition to reach the 10M passengers milestone!
Marseille Provence thanks again its airline partners for their support and continuous trust!