About The Airport
THE 2nd BUSIEST AIRPORT IN FRANCE AFTER PARIS, with 13.85 Million passengers in 2018 !
For the 8th year in succession, Nice Côte d'Azur airport has seen strong growth in passenger traffic, +4.1%.
In S18, Nice Côte d’Azur airport reached the unprecedented number of 117 direct destinations operated by 54 scheduled airlines to 40 different countries.
After Paris, Nice Côte d'Azur airport proposes the largest long haul offer from France in terms of seats: 640,000 seats in 2018. New record expected in 2019 with 5 long haul direct destinations operated by 6 scheduled carriers: Newark (new in S19), Montreal (+1 weekly frequency in S19), Doha, daily flights to New-York and A380 daily flights to Dubaï.
Nice Côte d'Azur Airport is a "Very International Platform": 65% of the passenger traffic is international.
New in 2019 : Nice Côte d'Azur airport is now connected to the downtown with the tramway!
Main projects in progress:
1) CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW PIER : will make it possible to handle Schengen and non-Schengen passengers in a completely mixed and modular way and increase the capacity by +1 million passengers by 2021.
2) CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW TERMINAL BUILDING : will increase the capacity by +3 million passengers by 2023
THE WORLDFAMOUS CÔTE D'AZUR : in the heart of Southern Europe, Nice is the 5th biggest city in France with 343.000 inhabitants (Data : INSEE 2016). With almost 300 days of sunshine per year, the French Riviera attracts 11 million visitors per year and welcomes 200 international events per year (between 300.000 and 500.000 delegates) including the famous Cannes International Film Festival and the Monaco Grand Prix
(Source: Regional Tourism Board, 2017, Maritimes Alps and Monaco)
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: EasyJet, Air France (incl. HOP!), British Airways, Norwegian, Lufthansa
- Number of Serving Airlines: 54
- Number of Direct Destinations: 117
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2,960
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 13,85 M
- Ownership: Aéroports de la Côte d'Azur (ACA)
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 11 million within 3h drive