Nice Airport : the first French airport to get the "Famille Plus" label
What is the "Famille Plus" label ? Created in 2006 by the French Tourism Ministry, this label mainly for cities and Tourism Offices aims at evaluating if a turistic place is "family friendly" or not...
...Criteria are : the welcoming and information for families, activities and animation proposed for families, facilities, safety and fares for families...
What has done Nice Airport to get it:
The airport of Nice is the first to develop a comprehensive approach to all the circuit followed by a family. Everything was thought from the parking to the boarding, including the nursery.
- specific parking spaces were created for families
- toilets have been refreshed and ones have been dedicated to children
- a nursery with access for both women and men has been created (before nursery was only located in the women toilets)
- introduction of new play areas with rides in the departure lounges
- airport restaurants have been encouraged to propose more attractive children's menus
- introduction of funny information signs
- put in place a funny "face painting" booth (during scheduled overcrowded days)
- delivery of coloring kits
- set up the screening inspection station to boarding areas specially dedicated to families