About The Airport
Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport is Sardinia’s gateway for the international passengers.
During the last years the traffic has experienced an impressive growth (+7% CAGR in the last 7 years), reaching 2.541.516 million passengers in 2016 (+14%), 172.460 of which originated from/to international routes with a significant growth of 21% compared to the previous year.
In 2016, Olbia Airport has been the airport experiencing the highest growth in Italy amongst the airport with more than 1 million passengers.
Olbia Costa Smeralda airport during the Summer 2017 has a network of:
- 18 Countries
- 90 Destinations
- 40 Airlines
- 27 New routes opened in the last two years
- 14% Passengers growth in the medium and shoulder season
- The highest percentage increase in passengers among Italian airports in 2016.
- 3 new yearly international routes starting from Winter 2017/18
- Highly commended airport by ACI EUROPE Airport Business during The 13th Annual Best Airport Awards in Paris.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Meridiana, easyJet, Eurowings, Air Berlin, Volotea
- Number of Serving Airlines: 40
- Number of Direct Destinations: 90
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2.445
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 2.541.516
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 172
- Ownership: 80% private (Alisarda S.p.A. and Costa Smeralda Consortium), 20% public (Chamber of Commerce o Sassari, Nuoro, Sardinian Region)
- Operational Opening Hours: 24 h
- Total Catchment Population: 800.000