About The Airport
Gold Coast Airport is the gateway to Australia's premier tourist destination and is the fifth busiest international airport in Australia.
Cementing its status as a world-leader in efficient airport operations and facilities, Gold Coast Airport now welcomes in excess of 6.5 million passengers per year.
Gold Coast Airport is currently investing $500 million into the airport precinct, including the Southern Terminal Expansion, which will open in 2022. The terminal expansion includes a three-level terminal with aerobridges, twice the floor area of the current airport terminal and enables an efficient operation with full swing (domestical/international) capability.
Gold Coast Airport works closely with airline partners to develop attractive incentive packages for new capacity, including Government marketing funds where possible.
- No bilateral constraints
- Slots easily available
- Lower Airport and Terminal charges
- Extensive domestic and international connectivity
- Airport Hotel development opening early 2020
- Freight Facilities on site
- No passenger flights on standoff bays. Three-minute taxi in and out
- Established Ambassador program providing exemplary customer service
- Qantas (oneworld) & Virgin Australia Lounges
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Rex Airlines, Air New Zealand
- Number of Serving Airlines: 8
- Number of Direct Destinations: 19
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2,492m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 6.6m
- Ownership: Queensland Airports Limited
- Operational Opening Hours: 06:00 – 23:00
- Total Catchment Population: 2.2 Million
- Urban Population: 663,000
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 19 Code C equivalent including 7 Code E, MARS configuration