About The Airport
Gold Coast Airport is the gateway to Australia's premier tourist destination and is the fifth busiest international airport in Australia.
Cementing its status as a world-leader in efficient airport operations and facilities, Gold Coast Airport now welcomes in excess of 6.5 million passengers per year.
Gold Coast Airport is currently investing $500 million into the airport precinct, including the Southern Terminal Expansion, which is expected to be completed in mid-2021. The terminal expansion will include a three-level terminal with aerobridges, and twice the floor area of the current airport terminal.
Gold Coast Airport works closely with airline partners to develop attractive incentive packages for new capacity, including Government marketing funds where possible.
- No bilateral constraints
- Slots easily available
- Lower Airport and Terminal charges
- Extensive domestic and international connectivity
- Airport Hotel development opening early 2020
- Freight Facilities on site
- No passenger flights on standoff bays. Three-minute taxi in and out
- Multicultural customer service staff
- Qantas (oneworld) & Virgin Australia Lounges
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Qantas/ Jetstar, Virgin Australia, AirAsia, Scoot, Air New Zealand
- Number of Serving Airlines: 8
- Number of Direct Destinations: 17
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2,492m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 6486000
- Ownership: Queensland Airports Limited
- Operational Opening Hours: 06:00 – 23:00
- Total Catchment Population: 2.2 Million
- Urban Population: 663,000
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 6 code e, 16 code c, MARS configuration