About The Airport
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Metropolitan Region. EIA offers non-stop connections to destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Europe. EIA’s Airport City propels new jobs, tourism, and economic diversification – and creates a destination in and around EIA, featuring entertainment, e-commerce, retail, hospitality, cargo/logistics, bio-pharma, light manufacturing, and many other industries.
Facts & Figures
- EIA is a major economic driver, with an economic output of over $3.2 billion, supporting over 26,000 jobs.
- EIA offers over 50 non-stop destinations across Canada and the globe
- Canada’s fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic
- In 2019 EIA served 8.15 million passengers
- EIA is the largest major Canadian airport by land area
- EIA’s Airport City strategy includes the development, incubation, and commercialization of dozens of tech companies that feature innovative products such as drones, autonomous vehicles, microprocessors and much more
For more information please visit www.flyeia.com