Introduction to Malta International Airport
2019 marked another record for Malta International Airport with passenger numbers reaching 7,310,289 and traffic growth increasing by 7.4% over 2018 figures.
Seat capacity grew by 7.3% and SLF remained unchanged from the previous year to stand at a healthy 81.8%.
This solid full-year performance was partly driven by improved flight schedules for both the winter and the summer months. During the course of 2019, MLA welcomed a new airline, inaugurated 18 new routes spanning three continents, and introduced other developments aimed at further enhancing the islands’ connectivity,...
A weekly round-up of the latest news from the aviation industry as airlines and airports seek to recover from the COVID-19 crisis.
- Wizz Air delays St. Petersburg base launch to Dec 2020
- Wizz delays launch of St Petersburg base
- Wizz Air 4Q20 New routes summary as of 13SEP20
- airmalta W20 Network changes as of 06SEP20
- Recovery Tracker: Japan Airlines, easyJet, Austrian Airlines and more
- Wizz Air UK launches London Gatwick base in late-October 2020