Introduction to Malta International Airport
2019 marked another record for Malta International Airport with passenger numbers reaching 7,310,289 and traffic growth increasing by 7.4% over 2018 figures.
Seat capacity grew by 7.3% and SLF remained unchanged from the previous year to stand at a healthy 81.8%.
This solid full-year performance was partly driven by improved flight schedules for both the winter and the summer months. During the course of 2019, MLA welcomed a new airline, inaugurated 18 new routes spanning three continents, and introduced other developments aimed at further enhancing the islands’ connectivity,...
Routes rounds-up the latest new route announcements, as well as services returning to carriers' networks.
- Ryanair expands new Zagreb base, increases annual traffic forecast
- Routes in Brief: Gulf Air, easyJet, Loganair and more
- Emirates resumes flights from India, boosts Jordan capacity
- Air France to fly 65% of pre-COVID capacity this summer
- Routes in brief: Eurowings, Emirates, Aerolineas Argentinas and more
- Russian carriers plan Morocco routes