About The Airport
2019 marked another record for Malta International Airport with passenger numbers reaching 7,310,289 and traffic growth increasing by 7.4% over 2018 figures.
Seat capacity grew by 7.3% and SLF remained unchanged from the previous year to stand at a healthy 81.8%.
This solid full-year performance was partly driven by improved flight schedules for both the winter and the summer months. During the course of 2019, MLA welcomed a new airline, inaugurated 18 new routes spanning three continents, and introduced other developments aimed at further enhancing the islands’ connectivity, particularly in the off-peak months.
Alex Cardona Head of Traffic Development & Customer Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandy Vella Manager Traffic Development Telephone: +356 2369 6708 email@example.com
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Ryanair, Air Malta, easyJet, Wizz Air, Lufthansa
- Number of Serving Airlines: +30
- Number of Direct Destinations: +125
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,500 m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 7,310,285 (FY 2019)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 18,498
- Ownership: Vienna Airport, SNC Lavalin, Government Malta
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 60min catchment area: 1.1 million people
- Urban Population: 493,559
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 28