About The Airport
The first half of 2019 marked another record for Malta International Airport with passenger numbers reaching over 3.2 million and traffic growth increasing by 5.9% compared to Jan-Jun of 2018.
Seat capacity grew by 5.8% in the first half of 2019 following an enhanced schedule in Q1 as well as the introduction of 16 new developments, including new airline Qatar Airways in Q2. Overall seat load factor stood at 79.8%, in line with the previous year.
The airport’s half-yearly performance confirms the company’s confidence in its forecast of 7.2 million passenger movements expected by the end of 2019.
Alex Cardona Head of Traffic Development & Customer Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandy Vella Executive Traffic Development Telephone: +356 2369 6708 email@example.com
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Ryanair, Air Malta, easyJet, Wizz Air, Lufthansa
- Number of Serving Airlines: +35
- Number of Direct Destinations: +125
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,500 m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 6,808,177 (FY 2018)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 17,684
- Ownership: Vienna Airport, SNC Lavalin, Government Malta
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 60min catchment area: 1.1 million people
- Urban Population: 432,089
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 28