About The Airport
George Best Belfast City Airport (GBBCA) is a regional airport situated just five minutes from the centre of Belfast, in Northern Ireland. The airport serves a range of UK domestic routes and European routes. GBBCA currently caters for over 2.6 million passengers per year, representing approximately 40% of the scheduled domestic air traffic to and from Northern Ireland.
There has been significant investment in the infrastructure of the airport in recent years resulting in a bright, light and efficient terminal for our passengers to enjoy. Business passengers account for around 50% of the total traffic using the airport and the standard of our terminal facilities reflects their needs.
GBBCA is looking to expand its route network to meet the growing demand for European services from Northern Ireland within our affluent catchment area and looks forward to working with airline partners to provide an unrivalled level of passenger service.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Aer Lingus, British Airways, Flybe, KLM
- Number of Serving Airlines: 4
- Number of Direct Destinations: 20
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 1,829
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 2,692,713
- Ownership: 3i
- Operational Opening Hours: 6:30AM - 9:30PM
- Total Catchment Population: 75% of Northern Ireland
- Urban Population: 579,276