About The Airport
Serving 61 non-stop destinations, Ankara Esenboga International Airport (ESB) is the gateway of central Turkey to the world. ESB is located 28 km to the city center of Ankara.
Ankara Airport handled 11 million passengers in 2014, growing 7% vs 2013. ESB was awarded with ACI Europe's Best Airport Award in the category of 5-10 million passengers in 2009.
Ankara is the second biggest city of Turkey with a population of 5 million. It is the capital city of Turkey, hosting the Government bodies and all foreign embassies. Located at the center of highway and railway networks of the country, Ankara and its vicinity is also an important region for commercial activities.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Turkish Airlines, Pegasus, Lufthansa, Saudi Arabian, Germania
- Number of Serving Airlines: 22
- Number of Direct Destinations: 49
- Number of Terminals: 1 (Domestic & International)
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,750m x 60m asphalt; 3,750m x 45m asphalt
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 2011: Domestic: 7.1 million; International: 1.4 million
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 94,718 Tonnes (Cargo, Mail & Baggage)
- Ownership: Managed by TAV Airports under concession agreement
- Operational Opening Hours: 24 hours a day
- Total Catchment Population: 5.5 million
- Urban Population: 4.5 million
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 50