Introduction to Haugesund Airport, Karmøy
The airport was privatized May 2019 and January and February traffic was up by 7% YoY due to new route and marketing expansion.
Located just a short drive from Norway’s 2nd & 3rd biggest airports and with a long term incentive program, this is the biggest new aviation opportunity in Norway.
Norway has 45 state owned airports due to its topography with countless fjords and mountains. Having the world 6th highest GDP per capita, the region is investing heavily in new highways, bridges and submerged tunnels, linking the cities and bringing along unprecedented opportunities.
Norway’s domestic market is set for further changes as Flyr enters and Wizz Air exits.
- Widerøe has commenced 3x daily
- Wizzair will start Oslo-Haugesund from 4 December
- Wizz Air S21 New routes summary as of 13SEP20
- SAS S20 Short-Haul network changes as of 08OCT19
- Loganair schedules new routes in 1H20
- WizzAir Expands Polish Operations in S15