About The Airport
- Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport is located on the Asian side of Istanbul and serving for approximately 35 million people in a 2-hour catchment area.
- The airport is perceived as a “city airport” as it is located near the city center and it is connected to main highways and central spots with easy access which makes the airport “people’s choice”.
What makes Istanbul so impressive?
- Those who left behind traces of cultures made Istanbul even more valuable. 15 million people live in Istanbul, a city that is serving as a bridge between the European and Asian continents. Istanbul is also, one of the most favorite center of Turkey for tourists with it’s huge, famous and stunning historical sites.
- Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport that serves to this valuable city, operates 41 flights in domestic lines and 127 flights in international lines. The full service airport embraces both low cost and full service carries and all passenger profiles.
- Having both domestic and international operations under one roof, Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen offers a time-saving terminal for passengers and airlines to benefit with fast operations and short ground-time, providing seamless airport experience for all.
- Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport handled 62 thousand tons of cargo past year with it’s total capacity of 90 thousand tons per year.
- The Airport is located 28 km away from Kadıkoy; the city center of the Asian side and 41 km away from Taksim; the city center of the European side.
- In 2019, Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport will be connected to metropolitan subway that will make it even more effortless for passengers to transfer to the points they wish to reach.
- The opening of new boarding concourse for domestic terminal in 2018 had given airport additional 8 mm capacity, making the total capacity of the airport 41 mppa.
- The new Terminal building and the second runway are underconstruction and expected to be completed by the late 2019. After the construction completed, the capacity of Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen will increase to 66 mppa.
- Positioned at the Asian side of Istanbul, among four most developed industrial cities with the highest GDP, Sabiha Gökçen International Airport’s contribution to state GDP is 23 billion TL. It is also a workplace for many people as there are 45.000 people have been employed directly or indirectly.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Pegasus Airlines, Turkish Airlines , Qatar Airways, Flynas, Air Arabia.
- Number of Serving Airlines: 54
- Number of Direct Destinations: 127
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3000
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 34 mm
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 63
- Ownership: Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
- Operational Opening Hours: 24 hours
- Total Catchment Population: 22 M.
- Urban Population: 16 M.
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 76(60 Remote)