Introduction to Chicago Midway
Midway International Airport is the United States’ premiere point-to-point airport, offering value oriented leisure and business travel to approximately 60 destinations in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. Ranking among the top thirty busiest airports in North America and the busiest station in Southwest Airlines’ network by daily departures – Midway handled nearly 19 million passengers and over 255,000 aircraft operations in 2011.
Midway is located 10 miles southwest of downtown Chicago and is accessible by all major forms of transportation. The Airport has five runways,...
After a series of false dawns, the Canadian carrier is confident flights will finally restart in September.
- Southwest resumes Houston Bush Intercontinental after 16-year absence
- Three more cities added to Southwest’s network
- United, Southwest becoming direct competitors at O'Hare & IAH
- Southwest Airlines reveals five Chicago O’Hare nonstop routes
- Southwest Airlines to serve Chicago O’Hare and Houston Intercontinental in 2021
- Southwest to start Louisville flights to Atlanta and Fort Myers, Fla.