About The Airport
Welcome to sunny and stunning MPL!
MPL is ideally located in Southern France, halfway between Provence and Catalonia, gateway to a region where business and tourism are booming. Its catchment area is one of MPL airport's major asset. It is the 2nd largest in the South of France with 2.1 million pop. within 60’ drive time. Considerate as a city airport, MPL airport is only 8 km from the city of Montpellier.
With a good mix of Legacy and LCC, MPL Airport have successfully achieved +3.0% growth in 2019 to 1.935 million passengers. It’s the 7th consecutive year of growth. The Domestic market grew 3.2% to 1,276,000 passengers and the International market grew 6.0% to 677,000 passengers.
If you are looking forward to a great market potential with no or reduced competition that offers a lot of opportunities in the business, leisure and incoming sector for attractive city pairs and unserved point to point service, with success in developing sustainable routes by legacy & LCC carriers (Summer season and year round), MPL is the perfect airport for you.
MPL is a convenient, easy access, human size airport with 24/24 ATC, no curfew, no slot constraint, 25’ turnaround.
Through our partnership approach and cost control efforts, we are uniquely capable of offering low airport charges and providing medium term cost visibility for airlines.
Key facts & figures about Montpellier & MPL airport
- 7th biggest city in France
- 2.1+ million pop. within 60’
- 2nd largest catchment in south of France
- 2nd French place for raising funding in startup companies
- 2nd density of brain power in France
- 1.935 million passengers in 2019
- Gateway to the world largest vineyard
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Air France, Volotea, easyJet, Air Arabia Maroc, KLM
- Number of Serving Airlines: 17 scheduled airlines in Summer 2019
- Number of Direct Destinations: 29 scheduled destinations for Summer 2019
- Number of Terminals: 1 (2 halls)
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2,600
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 1,935,631 in 2019 (7th consecutive year of growth)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 3,532 tonnes
- Ownership: 60% French state, 25% Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Herault, 7% Council of Herault County, 6.5% Region of Occitanie/Pyrenees Mediterranee, 0.5% Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole, 1% Agglomeration of the Pays de l'Or
- Operational Opening Hours: H24
- Total Catchment Population: 2.1 million within 60' drive time
- Urban Population: 550,000 (Agglomeration of Montpellier), 1 million pop. (greater Montpellier)
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 13