About The Airport
Ranked the #1 Best Airport in North America 2022 by Skytrax
SEA totaled over 36 million passengers in 2021-down just over 30% from 2019 - with a forecast to reach 95% of pre-pandemic traveler volumes in 2022. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) is the largest airport in the Pacific Northwest and the 8th largest in North America. SEA serves as a hub for both Alaska Airlines and Delta Air Lines. Seattle's location as the closest West Coast city to both Europe and Asia makes it an ideal international gateway, a fact that has made Seattle one of the fastest-growing airports in North America for the past five years.
SEA earned the travel industry's prestigious 4-Star Skytrax Airport Rating, focused in customer-centered travel with better services, facilities, and amenities.
As the headquarters of major multinational corporations such as Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, and the Gates Foundation, Seattle boasts a strong economic climate and the most well-educated population of any major city in the United States. Seattle also serves as the gateway for Washington State's well-known, high-value agricultural commodities such as seafood and cherries. Washington State is the largest exporter per capita in the United States, and a full one-third of all jobs in the state are related to international trade.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: (2021): Alaska 57%, Delta 23%, American 5.2%, Southwest 5.1%, United 4.8%
- Number of Serving Airlines: 32
- Number of Direct Destinations: 93 domestic, 28 international
- Number of Terminals: 1 terminal with six concourses: Concourses A-D in the main building, plus two Satellites accessible by train (North and South)
- Number of Runways: 3
- Length of Main Runway (m): 16L/34R 11,900 ft (3,627m); 16C/34C 9,426 ft (2,873m); 16R/34L 8,500 ft (2,591m)
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 36.2 million in 2021
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 498,700 tonnes in 2021
- Ownership: Port of Seattle
- Operational Opening Hours: 24 Hours with no curfews
- Total Catchment Population: Approximately 5.26 million
- Urban Population: Approximately 4.95 million