About The Airport
Leeds Bradford (LBA) is the international gateway airport for the Leeds City Region and Yorkshire in Northern England.
- 5.4m people reside in Yorkshire, more than Scotland and Ireland
- The Leeds City Region is the largest economy in England, outside of London.
- Leeds is the UK’s 3rd city, Bradford the 6th.
- York is the UK’s largest inbound tourism destinations outside London.
The most affluent part of this wide catchment is unique to LBA.
Leeds Bradford Airport recently announced plans to invest £150m to build a state of the art, sustainable terminal facility, with opening scheduled for early 2023. This will be one of the first new terminal buildings built in the UK since London Heathrow's Terminal 5.
Leeds Bradford Airport currently serves over 70 direct destinations, including 12 European capital cities, as well as key hub airports; Heathrow, Schiphol and Dublin.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Jet2, Ryanair, Aer Lingus, KLM, Eastern
- Number of Serving Airlines: 11
- Number of Direct Destinations: 70
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2250M
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 4m
- Ownership: AMP Capital
- Operational Opening Hours: 24 Hours
- Total Catchment Population: 7m
- Urban Population: 2.9m Leeds City Region
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 22