Ryanair announces $400m Investment in Cyprus
Ryanair, announced its biggest ever Cyprus schedule with 41 routes for Summer ‘23, including 5 new routes from Paphos to exciting destinations, such as Naples and Toulouse. Ryanair’s Paphos-based fleet will increase to 4 based aircraft, 2 of which will be Boeing 737 8-200 “Gamechanger” aircraft which deliver 4% more seats, burn 16% less fuel and create 40% less noise emissions. Ryanair’s investment of over $400m in Cyprus will support 120 highly paid aviation jobs and 1,500 indirect jobs at Paphos airport.
Ryanair’s Cyprus Summer ‘23 schedule will deliver:
- 1 new based aircraft (4 total, incl. 2 Boeing 737 8-200 “Gamechanger” aircraft)
- $400m investment in Cyprus
- 41 total routes incl. 5 new routes from Paphos to Athens, Bordeaux, Naples, Poznan & Toulouse – all 2pw
- Increased frequencies on 7 routes – Chania, Kaunas, Krakow, Mykonos, Rhodes, Tel-Aviv & Vienna
- Over 260 flights per week (+15% vs S22 and +70% vs S19)
- Supporting over 1,600 jobs, incl. 120 direct jobs
While other airlines are cutting capacity across Europe, Ryanair is growing and reinforcing its commitment to Cyprus by adding a 4th aircraft to its Paphos based fleet for Summer’23, inc. 2 new Boeing “Gamechanger” aircraft. Ryanair continues to work with its airport partners across Europe and welcomes Hermes’ new long-term airline incentive scheme, supported by the Cypriot Government, which has given Ryanair the confidence to launch its biggest ever Cyprus Summer schedule with over 260 weekly flights across 41 routes.