About The Group
Hermes is the operator of both Larnaka International Airport and Pafos International Airport. A consortium comprised of nine local and international shareholders, it assumed management & control of the Airports in 2006 under a 25-year BOT Concession Agreement with the Republic of Cyprus. The new passenger terminal in Pafos opened in November 2008 and in Larnaka in November 2009, making this the biggest construction project ever undertaken in Cyprus.
Hermes Airports’ core value, ‘As One: achieving customer service excellence’, forms the heart of the organisation and has driven a number of upgrades that include:
- An extensive refurbishment of Larnaka’s commercial areas
- The introduction and operation of new technologies at both Larnaka and Pafos Airports, including mobile and remote check-in counters, real-time passenger information and BorderXpress interactive kiosks
- A new, upgraded website that is WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) compliant and offers a chatbot service
- ‘Roommate’ facilities that are being rolled out across Larnaka Airport and will provide audio guidance (in both English and Greek) in disabled access bathrooms
- Blind Paths at Larnaka and Pafos Airports that have been redesigned using the Guardian Tactile System for the use of visually impaired passengers
Hermes Airports' goal through its various sustainability initiatives is the support of the communities, protection of the environment, and nurture a safe and productive workplace through responsible actions. The first Sustainability Report, covering 2021, has been prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative framework (GRI Standards). Here you can read more.
Furthermore, in 2019, the company announced its participation in the ACI’s Airport Carbon Accreditation Scheme, having achieved Level 3+ Neutrality.
Hermes is undergoing an exciting time of commercial growth and opportunity. As a result of its ambitious air service development strategy and highly competitive incentive schemes, hybrid, network, and LCC airlines & tour operators alike are drawn to its Airports. In 2022, 50 airlines operated in 38 countries and 140 routes from Larnaka and Pafos International Airports. This dynamic trajectory enabled Hermes Airports to serve more than 9.2m passengers in 2022, with traffic reaching 82% of the record-breaking 2019.
For more information, please click here.
Airports Within The Group
Larnaka International Airport
Larnaka International Airport – Glafkos Clerides is Cyprus’ main international gateway and the largest of the island’s airports. It is managed by Hermes Airports, the operator...
Pafos International Airport
Pafos International Airport is Cyprus’ second largest of the island’s airports. It is managed by Hermes Airports, the operator that is also responsible for Larnaka International...