About The Airport
Airport Yakutsk — an international airport in the Far Eastern Federal District in the North-East of Russia. Located 7 km from the center of Yakutsk in the Gagarin district. Since June 29, 2012, a new terminal serves passengers. The old building of the Yakutsk airport has become is intended to serve passengers on international flights.
Yakutsk Airport provides servicing for airlines, passengers, handles baggage, cargo and air-mail. We serve regional, country-wide and international flights.
The airport has certification of appropriateness for providing international flights of aircrafts without take-off mass restrictions. Technical parameters of the runway with modernized surface and lighting equipment were positively marked more than one by specialists and foreign airlines representatives.
It is the only airport on the permafrost, which is the range for testing new aerotechnics in low temperature conditions.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Aeroflot, S7, Yakutia, Polar Airlines, Alrosa
- Number of Serving Airlines: 9
- Number of Direct Destinations: 35
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2 248 (3 400 after reconstruction)
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 0.9
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 13 084
- Ownership: Government of Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
- Operational Opening Hours: Monday: 05:00–00:00; Tuesday–Saturday: 24 hour; Sunday: 00:00–14:00
- Total Catchment Population: 960 000
- Urban Population: 399 000
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 38 (airplanes) + 4 (helicopters)