The Jamaica Tourist Board is charged with a mission of marketing the tourism product so that Jamaica remains the premier Caribbean tourism destination. To this end, we are positioning Jamaica as the most complete, unique and diverse warm weather destination in the world, which offers the best vacation value available.
Key areas of focus:
- Identify and define the needs of new and emerging consumer groups which present opportunities for the Jamaican tourist industry; track industry performance and compare it to international and regional trends.
- Communicate timely and useful marketing information and market intelligence to local operators, financiers and policy-makers.
- Promote Jamaica as a preferred destination by maintaining active contact with regional travel agents.
- Achieve maximum impact for the advertising and promotional dollar spent in the marketplace for Jamaica as a leisure destination.
- Build and maintain consistent business with tour operators and airlines in targeted markets.
- Achieve and maintain adequate scheduled airline service from targeted airline companies in regional markets.