Read all the latest press releases here!
For further press information please contact:
Lima Strategy Forum Programme Announced
Posted 15/01/2010 - Viewed 6852 time(s)
Manchester, January 2010
Routes is pleased to announce the programme for the Strategy Forum for Routes Americas in Lima, Peru, the only network planning event for all of the Americas taking place 14 - 16 February.
The Strategy Forum will be opened with a keynote address from Alex de Gunten, Executive Director at ALTA. The rest of the event will be split into panel discussions led by moderator Michael Bell from Spencer Stuart. Each of the sessions has been designed to cover pertinent issues relevant to air service development in the Americas, including: the impact of the US carriers across Latin America and the Caribbean, the effects of pan-regional carriers and alliances on independents and the impact of airport privatization on the Americas.
A number of respected experts from across the industry will be joining to take part in these discussions including; Lima Airport Partners' CEO, Jaime Daly; Carlos Criado, Director Commercial at Quito; Director of Network Planning for AirTran Airways, John Kirby; Mauricio Emboaba, Vice President Planning at GOL; Alex Benitez, Vice President Planning & Revenue Management at Grupo TACA; Jose Montero, Director Strategic Planning for COPA and Horst Findeisen, Vice President Business Development, Star Alliance.
Sallyanne Cliff, Director - Americas at Routes commented: "The panellist line-up and list of topics due to be delivered this year are really strong and relevant to the market. We believe that each subject tackled at the forum will have a direct impact on those attending and will focus on issues currently being faced, making Routes Americas a must-attend event."
- Ends -
About The Host
- Lima Airport Partners (LAP) is the private operator of the "Jorge Chavez" International Airport. LAP is comprised of the following associations and relevant percentage share: Fraport AG., Operator of Frankfurt Airport amongst other important airports from around the world (Egypt, Bulgaria, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, China, Senegal and India) with 70.01%; The International Finance Corporation - IFC (the abbreviation) - of the World Bank with 19.99%; and the Infrastructure Investment Fund, Public Services and Natural Resources, administered by AC Capitals SAFI S.A., with 10%. Up to now, LAP has invested over US$ 261 million in modernizing the International Airport of Jorge Chavez and has transferred more than US$527 million back to the Peruvian State during 8 years of privatization of the Airport.
- Jorge Chavez International Airport has been named the Best Airport in South America in 2009 by Skytrax Research, a market study consultant which specialises in airport matters, based in London, and which carries out, every year, an Online Internet survey to more than 8.6 million passengers of 95 different nationalities and users of at least 190 Air Terminals worldwide, in order to choose the winners of the World Airport Awards.
- Currently, Jorge Chavez International Airport has new facilities and new equipment, which have helped to position it as the best airport in the region:
- 19 Airplane Embarkation Bridges
- A Passenger Terminal measuring 84,570 m2 (In 2001, it was 39,467 m2)
- A Platform area measuring 304,881 m2 (In 2001 it was 165,000 m2)
- 5 conveyer belts to collect luggage in the International Area
- 16 Migration Control Counters in the Departure Area
- 22 Migration Control Counters in the Arrivals Area
- 63 Airport Shops operated by 34 franchised companies.
- World Routes - The World Route Development Forum - is the world renowned annual airline and airport networking event. Routes facilitates and encourages the role of airports in the development of air services through organising global and region specific airline/airport networking forums. The 16th World Routes will be held in Vancouver, Canada - September 19-21, 2010.
- Routes Regional events include Routes Americas, Routes Asia, Routes Europe, Routes CIS and Routes Africa.
- Routes was founded in 1995 by Chairman Mike Howarth as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm-global.com.
- Both companies are now subsidiaries of RDG -The Route Development Group - which is the leading global solutions provider in the strategically important 'route development' sector of air transport. www.routedevgroup.com
- In April 2007, Routes also won the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2007. The award, for outstanding business performance and commercial success, recognised Routes' sustained contribution to aviation route development through its innovative Regional and World Route Development Forums.
For further press information please contact Nadine Wenn at:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0)161 234 2711
113-115 Portland Street
Manchester M1 6DW