For further press information please contact:
First Ever Routes Tourism Mediterranean Event Announced Today in Turkey
Posted 30/06/2010 - Viewed 4886 time(s)
Antalya, Turkey, 22 June 2010
Routes is pleased to announce the first ever Routes Tourism Mediterranean event at the signing ceremony taking place today in Antalya, Turkey. This new annual event will be an intra-regional tourism destination development forum, focused on the Mediterranean region.
As the host of this inaugural event, Antalya Airport will be taking the renowned, tried and tested Routes formula to the tourism industry from 13th - 15th February 2011. As with all other Routes events, it will be made up of a mix of formal and informal meetings, various networking opportunities, including a Gala Dinner and Welcome Reception, and the highly successful, pre-scheduled one-to-one meetings, to encourage effective networking amongst delegates.
Eric Layden, Vice President of Routes, explains:
"Routes Tourism Mediterranean is a truly proactive event, open only to invited delegates and using an established and trusted networking methodology, developed and perfected by Routes over the past 16 years. The principal objective will be to increase tourist traffic within the whole region."
"Unlike most tourism events, our event will neither be an exhibition nor a conference. Routes Tourism Mediterranean will focus on a series of pre-arranged meetings between tour operators, airlines and their suppliers in each destination, to discuss new products, commercial terms as well as promotional strategies and reach specific agreements regarding the tour operators' summer 2012 programmes."
Routes track record shows that hosting a Routes event aids the respective host in strengthening, developing and promoting their airport, city and region as a future destination for both leisure and business tourism.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors:
- § World Routes - The World Route Development Forum - is the world renowned annual airline and airport networking event. Routes facilitates and encourages the role of airports in the development of air services through organising global and region specific airline/airport networking forums.
- § This year's World Route Development Forum will take place in Vancouver, Canada, 19th-21st September.
- § Routes Regional events include Routes Americas, Routes Asia, Routes Europe, Routes Africa and Routes CIS.
- § Routes was founded in 1995 by Chairman Mike Howarth as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm-global.com.
- § Both companies are now subsidiaries of RDG -The Route Development Group - which is the leading global solutions provider in the strategically important 'route development' sector of air transport. www.routedevgroup.com
- § In April 2007, Routes also won the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2007. The award, for outstanding business performance and commercial success, recognised Routes' sustained contribution to aviation route development through its innovative Regional and World Route Development Forums.
For further press information please contact Nadine Wenn at:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0)161 234 2711
113-115 Portland Street
Manchester M1 6DW
Please login to view this content. Not a member? Create an account for free.