AFRAA has the following stated as objectives:
- To facilitate the establishment of industry best practices in safety and security
- To be the repository of data and its analysis focusing on key issues in the aviation sector.
- To provide a platform for consensus building among member carriers.
- To facilitate joint projects between member airlines aimed at reducing their costs and increasing their revenues.
- To actively contribute in human capital development.
- To interact with the regulatory bodies to support and protect the common interests of all African airlines.
- To provide forums for members and industry partners to enhance their knowledge base and enhance mutual cooperation.
- To facilitate the development of environmental policies in keeping with industry best practices
- To reflect the positive image of the African airlines worldwide.