ASM to Develop Routes for Airport Rostov-on-Don
Manchester-based ASM, the world leader in route development for airports, has been appointed to carry out a comprehensive route development project for Airport Rostov-on-Don in Russia.
Manchester, 7 June 2010
Manchester-based ASM, the world leader in route development for airports, has been appointed to carry out a comprehensive route development project for Airport Rostov-on-Don in Russia. ASM will commence its work by supporting Rostov-on-Don in its route development activities at the Routes CIS event in Kharkiv, 7 - 9 June 2010.
The starting point of the project will be an in-depth statistical analysis, a review of the Rostov-on-Don catchment area and a competitor analysis. On this basis, ASM will formulate a route development strategy, identify route targets across all sectors and lay out an implementation plan for selected route targets.
Throughout the duration of the contract, ASM will support the airport in formulating a route development implementation programme, deliver meetings and prepare for and present at route development events.
Tony Griffin, Chief Operating Officer at ASM, commented: "Working in the CIS market during its recovery from world recession poses its challenges and great opportunities. We are delighted to work with such a dynamic airport as Rostov-on-Don, which, we believe, offers a great range of opportunities for routes to Europe, Asia and CIS, and allows us to reinforce our experience in the CIS market."
Roughly 670 miles southeast of Moscow, Rostov-on-Don is a major regional and international transport hub, located in a metropolitan area with a population of over 2.5m. The contract between ASM and Airport Rostov-on-Don was signed on 1 June 2010.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
- Airport Strategy & Marketing Ltd (ASM) was founded in 1993 and is the only dedicated specialist in the field of route development for airports. www.asm-global.com
- ASM works exclusively for airports, helping them expand their route networks and bring economic development to their surrounding regions. The results that have been achieved support ASM's claim to be the world leader in its field.
- ASM does not contract to airlines. This gives its consultants the unique ability to protect their objectivity and freedom to act in the best way possible for every client. Carriers understand that there are no conflicts of interest and, as such, relationships with them are based on trust and mutual respect.
- The company is built around a growing team of experienced route development professionals and their approach purposely mirrors the function and nature of route development itself. This has enabled ASM to develop a track record without equal in delivering new routes for airports across all airline sectors.
- ASM is a subsidiary of RDG, a family of inter-related companies, strategic partners and associates that is the leading global solutions provider in the strategically important 'route development' sector of air transport. www.routedevgroup.com
For further press information please contact:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0)161 234 2711