ASM Announce Second Route Success in a Week
Hot on the heels of the new BA route success, Airport Strategy & Marketing (ASM) Ltd, the world’s leading route development consultancy, is pleased to have been involved in the launch of a new Qatar Airways route from Budapest to Qatar.
Manchester, 23 June 2010
Hot on the heels of the new BA route success, Airport Strategy & Marketing (ASM) Ltd, the world's leading route development consultancy, is pleased to have been involved in the launch of a new Qatar Airways route from Budapest to Qatar.
Qatar Airway's announcement of the new four-times-weekly service between Doha and Budapest marks the culmination of a two-year focused marketing campaign by Budapest Airport, supported by ASM, to deliver the carrier.
Jon Woolf, Vice President Consulting Services at ASM, explained:
"We identified a lack of a Gulf hub carrier as a major weakness in Budapest Airport's network as part of a strategic review originally undertaken in early 2008.
"ASM completed a research project which, when complete, identified Qatar as the air service provider with the right potential mixture of aircraft capacity and frequency for the Budapest market. A detailed business case for the airline to review was then produced.
"The ASM and Budapest Airport teams have ensured that the Budapest opportunity has remained on Qatar Airways' priority list since the first meeting with the carrier in summer 2008, and Budapest will now have its first scheduled service to the Gulf region commencing in January 2011."
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
- Airport Strategy & Marketing Ltd (ASM) was founded in 1993 and was the first management consulting company specializing in the field of route development for airports. www.asm-global.com
- ASM works exclusively for airports, helping them expand their route networks and bring economic development to their surrounding regions. The results that have been achieved support ASM's claim to be the world leader in its field.
- ASM does not contract to airlines. This gives its consultants the unique ability to protect their objectivity and freedom to act in the best way possible for every client. Carriers understand that there are no conflicts of interest and, as such, relationships with them are based on trust and mutual respect.
- The company is built around a growing team of experienced route development professionals and their approach purposely mirrors the function and nature of route development itself. This has enabled ASM to develop a track record without equal in delivering new routes for airports across all airline sectors.
- ASM is a subsidiary of RDG, a family of inter-related companies, strategic partners and associates that is the leading global solutions provider in the strategically important 'route development' sector of air transport. www.routedevgroup.com
For further press information please contact:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0)161 234 2711