ASM Instrumental in Auckland's Ongoing Success
ASM, the world’s leading route development consultancy, is delighted with the announcement of a new air service for Auckland Airport in New Zealand, one of its clients.
Manchester, England, 2 August 2010
ASM, the world's leading route development consultancy, is delighted with the announcement of a new air service for Auckland Airport in New Zealand, one of its clients. Jetstar is launching a three-times-weekly service between Auckland Airport and Cairns Airport, to start in April 2011. This latest new route adds to a long list of success stories for ASM who have already contributed to the launch of several routes this year, four of which were announced in the past month only.
ASM's consultants have been instrumental in the creation of a strategy for the development and expansion of Auckland Airport. Working very closely with the airport team, ASM developed a multi-scenario expansion plan to present to Jetstar. The consultants pulled together research on traffic statistics and worked on the flying programme and scheduling to ensure maximum aircraft productivity. Following this, they formed a proposal, encouraging Jetstar to service the route between Auckland Airport and Cairns Airport. This was done as part of a wider plan to develop Jetstar services at Auckland Airport.
The earlier announcement of the Auckland Airport - Changi Airport (Singapore) service signified the first phase of the implementation of the developed growth strategy. The latest route launch shows the continuing success of this strategy. ASM will keep working with Auckland Airport to maximise the Jetstar potential for the client and look forward to sharing in their continued success.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
- Airport Strategy & Marketing Ltd (ASM) was founded in 1993 and is the only dedicated specialist in the field of route development for airports. www.asm-global.com
- ASM works exclusively for airports, helping them expand their route networks and bring economic development to their surrounding regions. The results that have been achieved support ASM's claim to be the world leader in its field.
- ASM does not contract to airlines. This gives its consultants the unique ability to protect their objectivity and freedom to act in the best way possible for every client. Carriers understand that there are no conflicts of interest and, as such, relationships with them are based on trust and mutual respect.
- The company is built around a growing team of experienced route development professionals and their approach purposely mirrors the function and nature of route development itself. This has enabled ASM to develop a track record without equal in delivering new routes for airports across all airline sectors.
- ASM is a subsidiary of RDG, a family of inter-related companies, strategic partners and associates that is the leading global solutions provider in the strategically important 'route development' sector of air transport. www.routedevgroup.com
For further press information please contact Nadine Wenn at:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0) 161 234 2711
113-115 Portland Street
Manchester M1 6DW