Introduction to International Air Transport Association (IATA)
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines, representing over 290 airlines or 83% of total scheduled traffic. We support many areas of aviation activity and help formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues.
IATA is led by Willie Walsh, Director General & CEO since March 2021.
To represent, lead and serve the airline industry
Working together to shape the future growth of a safe, secure and sustainable air transport industry that connects and enriches our world
Chair of IATA Board of...
Airlines are more likely to add frequencies or restart routes as COVID-19 restrictions ease.
- IATA, ACI Again Clash Over Airport Charges
- Blocked Airline Funds Risks Damaging African Connectivity
- Global City Pairs And Passenger Traffic Climb Higher As Recovery Accelerates
- IATA Aims To Provide Industry Standard For CO2 Emission Calculations
- Key quotes: Routes Europe 2022
- Fit For 55 Risks Damaging European Connectivity—IATA