Introduction to International Air Transport Association (IATA)
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines, representing some 290 airlines or 82% of total scheduled traffic. We support many areas of aviation activity and help formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues.
IATA is led by Alexandre de Juniac, Director General & CEO since September 2016.
To represent, lead and serve the airline industry
Working together to shape the future growth of a safe, secure and sustainable air transport industry that connects and enriches our world
Chair of IATA Board...
IATA believes the Argentinian government is "open" to reconsidering a total ban on commercial flights through Sept. 1.
- Argentina's total ban on flights through Sept. 1 questioned
- PRESS RELEASE: World Routes and IATA Slot Conference to Focus on Recovery
- Outcry over Argentina’s planned flights ban
- European ATC charges deferred because of COVID-19
- Airline support ‘must come quicker’
- Global alliances call for “extraordinary support”