Introduction to International Air Transport Association (IATA)
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines, representing some 290 airlines or 82% of total scheduled traffic. We support many areas of aviation activity and help formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues.
IATA is led by Alexandre de Juniac, Director General & CEO since September 2016.
To represent, lead and serve the airline industry
Working together to shape the future growth of a safe, secure and sustainable air transport industry that connects and enriches our world
Chair of IATA Board...
“You can’t keep flying to all these places” with traffic demand so low, the CEO of lobby group Airlines for America warns.
- PRESS RELEASE: Airline CEOs and association leaders confirmed to speak at Routes Reconnected
- OPINION: Restart and Reconnect
- Wizz cuts capacity after Hungary border closure
- IATA: COVID-19 hits European airlines hard
- OPINION: Spirit of cooperation is needed
- IATA: Quarantine rules threaten route resumptions