Introduction to International Air Transport Association (IATA)
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines, representing some 290 airlines or 82% of total scheduled traffic. We support many areas of aviation activity and help formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues.
IATA is led by Alexandre de Juniac, Director General & CEO since September 2016.
To represent, lead and serve the airline industry
Working together to shape the future growth of a safe, secure and sustainable air transport industry that connects and enriches our world
Chair of IATA Board...
Europe's airlines are expected to lose $23.1 billion in 2020.
- OPINION: Spirit of cooperation is needed
- IATA: Quarantine rules threaten route resumptions
- IATA in talks with Argentina over blanket flight ban
- Argentina's total ban on flights through Sept. 1 questioned
- Outcry over Argentina’s planned flights ban
- European ATC charges deferred because of COVID-19