Introduction to Vagar Airport
With the runway significantly extended to 1799 meters in December 2011, Vagar Airport is within direct reach of more destinations than ever before. The runway extension and other investments have already proven to be a game changer. New routes and an increase in charter operations from mainland Europe resulted in a rise in passenger-figures to the Faroese high yield market. From 2011 till 2017, the number of passengers at Vagar Airport has rizsn from 203,000 to 341,388. Growth from 2016 till 2017 was 16,8 percent.
The new Vagar Airport terminal opened in June 2014.
Vagar Airport has an...
Atlantic Airways last month filed minor changes to its planned Vagar/Faroe Islands – Edinburgh service, scheduled to resume in October...
- Atlantic Airways resumes UK and seasonal Spain service in 4Q20
- Atlantic Airways Faroe Islands to resume Aalborg service in late-June 2020
- Atlantic Airways Faroe Islands closes London reservation in S20
- Atlantic Airways Faroe Islands adds London Gatwick service in S20
- SAS expands Faroe Islands service in W19
- Air Iceland Connect one-time Faroe Islands service in Sep 2019