Introduction to Vagar Airport
With the runway significantly extended to 1799 meters in December 2011, Vagar Airport is within direct reach of more destinations than ever before. The runway extension and other investments have already proven to be a game changer. New routes and an increase in charter operations from mainland Europe resulted in a rise in passenger-figures to the Faroese high yield market. From 2011 till 2017, the number of passengers at Vagar Airport has rizsn from 203,000 to 341,388. Growth from 2016 till 2017 was 16,8 percent.
The new Vagar Airport terminal opened in June 2014.
Vagar Airport has an...
Latest Vagar Airport News
Atlantic Airways Adds Faroe Islands-New York Nonstop
Atlantic Airways’ first route to the U.S. will start in August using Airbus A320neos.
Other Vagar Airport News
- Routes in brief: Itapemirim, Austrian Airlines, Smartwings and more
- Over 300.000 passengers at Faroe Islands airport for the first time
- Faroe Islands airport now fourth biggest airport in the Danish Kingdom
- 20,5% growth for Vagar Airport in July
- STUNNING GROWTH AT FAROE ISLANDS AIRPORT
- An historical day for Faroese airport