With the runway significantly extended to 1799 meters in December 2011, Vagar Airport is within direct reach of more destinations than ever before. The runway extension and other investments have already proven to be a game changer. New routes and an increase in charter operations from mainland Europe resulted in a rise in passenger-figures to the Faroese high yield market. From 2011 till 2017, the number of passengers at Vagar Airport has rizsn from 203,000 to 341,388....
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Atlantic Airways and SAS
- Number of Serving Airlines: 2
- Number of Direct Destinations: 9
- Number of Terminals: 1
Turkish Airlines yesterday expanded codeshare partnership with SAS to The Faroe Islands, as the latter’s Airbus A320 operating service...
- Turkish Airlines plans SAS codeshare expansion from June 2018
- Atlantic Airways schedules A320 Edinburgh service in April 2018
- Over 300.000 passengers at Faroe Islands airport for the first time
- Atlantic Airways adds Malta seasonal flights in S18
- Faroe Islands airport now fourth biggest airport in the Danish Kingdom
- 20,5% growth for Vagar Airport in July