Introduction to Vagar Airport
With the runway significantly extended to 1799 meters in December 2011, Vagar Airport is within direct reach of more destinations than ever before. The runway extension and other investments have already proven to be a game changer. New routes and an increase in charter operations from mainland Europe resulted in a rise in passenger-figures to the Faroese high yield market. From 2011 till 2017, the number of passengers at Vagar Airport has rizsn from 203,000 to 341,388. Growth from 2016 till 2017 was 16,8 percent.
The new Vagar Airport terminal opened in June 2014.
Vagar Airport has an...
Routes rounds-up the latest new route announcements, as well as services returning to carriers' networks.
- Atlantic Airways Faroe Islands revises Edinburgh 4Q20 operations
- Atlantic Airways Faroe Islands schedules Holidays service to Iceland in W20
- SAS closes Faroe Islands bookings Oct 2020 - Mar 2021
- Atlantic Airways 4Q20 Edinburgh operation update as of 31JUL20
- Atlantic Airways resumes UK and seasonal Spain service in 4Q20
- Atlantic Airways Faroe Islands to resume Aalborg service in late-June 2020
Latest Updates from Vagar Airport
FAE Vagar Airport is attending Routes Europe 2020
1 year 5 months ago