Jet2.com and Jet2holidays announces bumper expansion to Summer 20 programme from Birmingham Airport
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays adds over 160,000 seats next summer – increasing capacity by 23% year-on-year in direct response to more demand for flights and holidays from local holidaymakers
- BRAND NEW SKIATHOS and BARCELONA means 47 destinations and more than TWO MILLION seats now on sale for Summer 20
- Three additional aircraft added into fleet to support expanded operation
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has responded to the extra demand from local holidaymakers by announcing a huge expansion to its Summer 20 programme from Birmingham Airport, including two brand new destinations, more flights and holidays, and three additional aircraft.
The UK’s third largest airline and second largest tour operator has added weekly flights to a wide range of destinations in the Canaries, Balearics, Spain, Turkey, Bulgaria, Cyprus and Greece, and has also announced TWO BRAND NEW DESTINATIONS - Skiathos and Barcelona.
The launch of flights and holidays to Skiathos and Barcelona mean the company will operate to seven brand new destination for Summer 20 from Birmingham Airport, in addition to Preveza (Greece), Budapest, Kefalonia, Nice and Murcia.
The addition of over 160,000 seats means a year-on-year capacity increase of 23%, and the company is adding three additional aircraft into its fleet for the summer to support this expansion.
The extra capacity and key highlights announced from Birmingham Airport today includes:
- BRAND NEW SKIATHOS – launch of weekly Wednesday services from 13th May until 30thSeptember giving holidaymakers access to this unspoilt island which features stunning beaches and traditional Greek resorts such as Achladies, Kolios, Koukounaries, Skiathos Town, Troulos and Agia Paraskevi.
- BRAND NEW BARCELONA – twice weekly services to the Catalan capital provides local holidaymakers with a fantastic city break option with bars, beaches and boutiques galore. Holidaymakers can be wowed by the creative genius of Gaudí, take time out along the stunning harbour, or get to know the sandy shorelines of Mediterranean.
- Canary Islands – almost 50,000 additional seats announced, meaning up to 28 weekly departures to the Canaries. This includes Tenerife (now up to 12 weekly departures), Gran Canaria (now five weekly services), Fuerteventura (now four weekly services) and Lanzarote (now daily services). Unrivalled choice and flexibility with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries with 340,000 seats on sale.
- Turkey – almost 40,000 additional seats announced, meaning over 200,000 seats on sale in Summer 20. This means 20 weekly services to Turkey, including Dalaman (eight services every week) and Antalya (eight services every week), Bodrum (two weekly services) and Izmir (two weekly services).
- Balearic Islands – nearly 300,000 seats on sale with UK’s leading operator to the Balearics. This includes Majorca (now up to 16 weekly services), Menorca (now five weekly services) and Ibiza (daily services) – meaning 28 services every week and again providing unrivalled choice and flexibility.
- Greece – up to 25 weekly services to ten destinations in Greece, meaning more choice than ever. In addition to three brand new Greek destinations - Skiathos (weekly services), Kefalonia (weekly services) and Preveza (weekly services) - there are also multiple weekly services to Corfu (three weekly services), Crete (Heraklion) (five weekly services), Crete (Chania) (two weekly services), Kos (three weekly services), Rhodes (four weekly services), Thessaloniki (weekly services) and Zante (four weekly services).
- Cyprus – 100,000 seats on sale with more seats added today. More flying to Paphos (now four weekly services) and Larnaca (now five services).
- Spain – great choice to mainland Spain with over 350,000 seats on sale. This includes Alicante (11 weekly services), Malaga (ten weekly services), Reus (Costa Dorada) (three services), Girona (Costa Brava) (two weekly services), Costa de Almeria (two weekly services services), and Murcia (two weekly services),
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) – increased number of services to this new for Summer 19 destination, meaning three weekly services.
The programme gives local holidaymakers even more choice and flexibility when choosing flights and holidays to their favourite sun and city destinations across Europe, the Mediterranean and the Canary Islands next summer. With daily, double-daily and even three flights daily to the most popular sun and city destinations, this scorching summer programme represents over TWO MILLION seats on sale to 47 destinations in Summer 20. Other key highlights for Summer 20 from Birmingham Airport with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays include:
- Croatia – three weekly services to Dubrovnik, two weekly services to Split, and a weekly service to
- Italy – four weekly services to Rome, three weekly services Pisa, two weekly services to Venice, Naples and
- Portugal – 11 weekly services to Faro as well as a weekly service to
- France – three weekly services to Nice as well as a weekly service to
- Three weekly services to
- Two weekly services to fantastic city break destinations: Krakow and
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “There has been unprecedented demand for our award-winning flights and ATOL protected package holidays from Birmingham Airport, and this major expansion underlines our commitment to giving local holidaymakers the very best choice. The addition of three extra aircraft into our fleet represents a significant investment at Birmingham Airport, enabling us to fly more customers to 47 fantastic destinations with over two million seats on sale. Our expanded Summer 20 programme, featuring seven brand new destinations including Skiathos and Barcelona, gives local holidaymakers unrivalled choice and flexibility, and really responds to the demand that is out there.”
Tom Screen, Aviation Director of Birmingham Airport said: “It is great news that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is offering passengers even more choice out of Birmingham Airport by adding these new routes and extra capacity for summer 2020. Jet2.com and Jet2holidays offers great customer service at friendly low fares ensuring that there is something for everyone whether looking to book a holiday or a city break, and we are delighted to see its expansion continuing in Birmingham.”