About The Airport
CLE is an ideal secondary US international gateway, roughly halfway between New York and Chicago allowing for convenient flight connections throughout the U.S. without air traffic congestion and delays. CLE had 9.1 million total passengers in 2017 up 8.5%. Over 4 million residents live in the catchment area of Northeast Ohio. Air travel demand is strong with a growing economy that has become the epicenter for advanced medicine and medical device manufacturing in the U.S. CLE is near world class attractions including the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland Syphony Orchestra, Cedar Point Amusement Park and the Professional Football Hall of Fame.
The Cleveland Airport System also operates Burke Lakefront Airport (BKL), a corporate and general aviation airfield located in downtown Cleveland. Daily scheduled charter service is offered from BKL to Cincinnati’s Lunken Airport (LUK) provided by Ultimate Air Shuttle.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: United, Southwest, American, Delta, Frontier
- Number of Serving Airlines: 18
- Number of Direct Destinations: 50
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 3
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,034m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 8,100,073 in 2015
- Ownership: City of Cleveland
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 4 million
- Urban Population: 400,000