About The Airport
FORWARD. That’s the only direction we know.
Through 2021, Tampa International Airport, the gateway to Florida's west coast, has seen significant increase in passenger numbers and seat capacity. In the last year, Breeze, United, jetBlue, Alaska, American, Southwest, Silver and Frontier have all announced new nonstop routes to TPA, in addition to phased schedule resumptions. In total, airlines have launched or announced 44 new routes, including 18 to previously unserved destinations.
Tampa Bay’s diverse industry mix makes our community more resilient than many, and our strong local originating passenger traffic nicely complements our compelling inbound leisure demand. Visitors are drawn by our wide variety of appealing outdoor activities with room to spread out – including 35 miles of America’s favorite white sand beaches.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Southwest, Delta, American, Spirit, United
- Number of Serving Airlines: 22
- Number of Direct Destinations: 88
- Number of Terminals: 4 airsides, 1 main terminal
- Number of Runways: 3
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,353 m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 22,127,518
- Ownership: Hillsborough County Aviation Authority
- Operational Opening Hours: 24 hours
- Total Catchment Population: 5.0 million (9-county primary & secondary catchments)
- Urban Population: 3.2 million (Tampa Bay MSA 4-county region)
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 57 gates, 27 hardstands