Routes Americas 2014
The Routes Awards are highly regarded as the most prestigious awards in the industry as they are voted for and judged by the airline network planning community.
They provide the airline community with the chance to have their say as to which airport they think provides the best overall marketing services to them whether it be about their particular relationship, effective results, provision of data and information or innovative techniques to establish new or maintain and develop existing routes.
The airline community will also vote for which tourism organisation provided the best destination marketing campaign that jointly supported their airport and airline partners, whether it be about their research for new marketing opportunities, compelling results, innovative use of technologies or techniques that reinforced their support to the airline and airport targets.
These much sought after awards are a great way for the winning airports and tourism authorities to have a credible recognition which they can proudly talk about to their customers and other stakeholders.
The Routes Americas Awards took place at Routes Americas Networking Evening on February 24th, San Salvador, hosted by El Salvador. The awards are continued throughout the year at all other Routes events, culminating at World Routes in Chicago this September. The overall winner of each of the Regional Awards will be automatically short-listed for the World Routes Awards.
Airline managers can nominate up to five airports whose marketing efforts over the past 12 months have made a real impact on their future network development plans.
All airlines should be considering the efficient and useful marketing activities of any airport on their network in the Americas.
Please note that all network planning executives and those involved in the route development process from all of the Americas region are entitled to vote.
The results for Americas 2014 are:
Over 20 Million Passengers
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport - Winner
- Orlando International Airport - Highly Commended
- Boston Logan International Airport
- McCarran International Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Sao Paulo/Guarulhos-Governador Andre Franco Montoro International Airport
4 – 20 Million Passengers
- Tampa International Airport - Winner & Overall Winner
- Pittsburgh International Airport - Highly Commended
- Oakland International Airport
- Portland International Airport
- Southwest Florida International Airport
- Viracopos-Campinas International Airport
Under 4 Million Passengers
- Lyden Pindling International Airport, Nassau - Winner
- Hato International Airport, Curacao - Highly Commended
- Akron-Canton Airport
- Charleston International Airport
- Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay
- Juana Azurduy de Padilla International Airport
Best Destination Marketing Campaign
- Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority - Winner
- Jamaica Tourist Board
- Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board