About The Airport
Nuremberg is the perfect place to create profitable growth for your business!
Beware of the shark tank and red oceans at big airports and profit from your Blue Ocean opportunities:
- Attractive market opportunities (key un- and underserved routes, such as LHR, NYC and MAD).
- Low level of direct airline competition = Blue Ocean
- Blue Ocean Bonus - attractive incentives for unserved routes.
- Metropolitan region of approx. 3.5 million inhabitants (4.2 million within a 90-minute driving distance).
- Ranks amongst the Top 3 of European medium-sized cities in terms of economic potential.
- Attractive business demand due to large corporates (like adidas, SIEMENS, Puma, GfK) and attractive anti-seasonal incoming demand (trade shows in the first quarter of the year).
- NürnbergMesse (Nuremberg Trade Fair) is one of the leading exhibition locations in the world and amongst the Top 15 largest exhibition corporations.
- Purchasing power around 10 % above the German average.
- Nuremberg is a tourist magnet, offering a wide range of historically relevant and scenic attractions, such as the old castle of the Imperial City, one of Europe’s most famous Christmas markets as well as the Documentation Centre on former Nazi Party Rally Grounds.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Corendon, Ryanair, Eurowings, Lufthansa, TUI
- Number of Serving Airlines: 29
- Number of Direct Destinations: 64
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2,700 m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 4,111,670 (2019)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 7,179
- Ownership: 50% City of Nuremberg, 50% State of Bavaria
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 4.2 million
- Urban Population: 529.000
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 26 (based on Code C aircraft), 4 helipads