About The Airport
Nuremberg is the perfect place to re-start and create profitable growth for your business! The Nuremberg market promises fast and strong recovery, supported by a new and revolutionary charge structure and incentive scheme.
Beware of the shark tanks and red oceans at big airports and profit from your Blue Ocean opportunities with a low level of direct airline competition:
- Promising market evidence for a fast and strong recovery.
- Attractive market opportunities (key un- and underserved routes, such as the London market (LHR/LGW/STN), Milan, Moscow and Athens).
- new use-based charge structure and extended incentive scheme.
- Metropolitan region of approx. 3.5 million inhabitants (4.2 million within a 90-minute driving distance).
- Attractive business demand due to large corporates (like adidas, SIEMENS, Puma, GfK) and attractive anti-seasonal incoming demand (trade shows in the first quarter of the year).
- Ranks amongst the Top 3 of European medium-sized cities in terms of economic potential.
- NürnbergMesse (Nuremberg Trade Fair) is one of the leading exhibition locations in the world and amongst the Top 15 largest exhibition corporations.
- Purchasing power around 10 % above the German average.
- Nuremberg is a tourist magnet, offering a wide range of historically relevant and scenic attractions, such as the old castle of the Imperial City, one of Europe’s most famous Christmas markets as well as the Documentation Centre on former Nazi Party Rally Grounds.
Stay up to date and follow us on LinkedIn!
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Corendon, Ryanair, Wizz Air, SunExpress, Turkish (2021)
- Number of Serving Airlines: 29 (2019)
- Number of Direct Destinations: 64 (2019)
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2,700 m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 917,296 (in 2020) and 4,111,670 (in 2019)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 7,179 (2019)
- Ownership: 50% City of Nuremberg, 50% State of Bavaria
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 4.2 million
- Urban Population: 754.000 (Nuremberg, Fuerth, Erlangen)
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 26 (based on Code C aircraft), 4 helipads