About The Airport
We are the main airport in Southern Transylvania, the gateway for a key catchment area of over 2.6 million people in a nearby radius. Ideally located in the heart of Romania, in a dynamic and prosperous region of Transylvania, Sibiu International Airport is well on track to become the second most successful airport in region, in terms of passenger growth, service quality and operational efficiency.
Sibiu Airport ensure easy access to both Sibiu citizens and major international companies employees, being located at just 10 min. drive from Sibiu city center and 5 min. drive from the main local industrial estate, which lies on the western site of Sibiu.
With a route network that covers key destinations of Europe, we secure direct and easy access to and from European destinations such as London, Madrid, Frankfurt, Brussels and Basel. Recently, Sibiu Airport has broadened its route network to Middle East, by connecting our city to Tel Aviv. Moreover, throughout our daily flights to hubs like Munich and Vienna, we are enabling excellent connections worldwide for our passengers.
Serving more than 700,000 passengers in 2018, through scheduled, charter and general aviation services, brings an all-time high in the history of our airport.
Annual passengers - 2018: over 700 000 pax (+31% more passengers than in 2017)
Airlines at SIBIU International Airport: Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Tarom, Blue Air, Wizz Air, Air Bucharest, Onur Air.
Scheduled flights to Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Spain, Belgium, Switzerland and Israel. Additional summer charter flights to Antalya.
Destinations from SBZ W'18 - W'19:
✈ Frankfurt Hahn
✈ Tel Aviv
✈ Brussels Charleroi
Internal flights from SBZ W'18 - W'19:
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Good connection to the hub in Munich with 3 daily direct flights
- Number of Serving Airlines: 5
- Number of Direct Destinations: 15 scheduled destinations, 1 summer charter destination
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2630m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 2018 - over 730,000 pax (+31% more passengers than in 2017)
- Operational Opening Hours: 24H
- Total Catchment Population: 2,6 mil. inhabitants
- Urban Population: 466,472
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 15