The Strategy Summit
Tan Sri Bashir
Malaysia Airports Holding Berhad
Head of Network & Fleet Management
Dr Hugh Dunleavy
Deputy Chief Executive
Hong Kong Express Airways
Dr Anurag Jain
Senior Vice President - Network Planning & Revenue Management
Vice President International & Public Affairs
Sponsored by ATR- Avions de Transport Regional, the Routes Asia Strategy Summit opened on the afternoon of Sunday 9th March. The Summit brought together leading industry experts to debate air service and route development issues affecting commercial aviation across Asia in a series moderator led panel discussions. The Summit opened to all delegates and gave a valuable insight into aviation across the region and helped set the scene for the face-to-face meetings throughout the rest of the event.
How will the LCCs respond to the challenges and opportunities during the next decade?
Which LCCs will take the lead in the market? Can the traditional short-haul, point-to-point and quick turn operational model of LCCs still guarantee their success? Will the long-haul LCC model work? How are the LCCs responding to changes in international demand traffic patterns? Low Cost Airports – Which airports are serving LCC’s what they require?
- Moderator: Lucy Siebert, Editor, Routes News
- Venggatarao Niadu, Head of Network & Fleet Management , AirAsia X
- Andrew Cowen, Deputy Chief Executive, Hong Kong Express Airways
- Dr Anurag Jain, Senior Vice President - Network Planning & Revenue Management, SpiceJet
- Tara Naidu, Chief Commercial Officer, Air India Express
Airline mergers and joint ventures are shifting the patterns of traffic across the hubs. How will the changes in traffic patterns affect the hubs? What are the Far East hubs doing to respond to the continued and ambitious expansion plans of the Middle East hubs? Who will be the ultimate victors in this fiercely competitive battle? Will Dubai become the world’s largest airport?
- Moderator: David Stroud, Director, ASM
- Tan Sri Bashir, Managing Director, Malaysia Airports Holding Berhad
- Deannath Kulatunge, Regional Head, Asia Pacific Member & External Relations , International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Dr Alan Khee-Jin Tan, Professor of Aviation Law, National University of Singapore
- Mario Formica, VP Sales Studies & Marketing, ATR- Avions de Transport Regional
The rapid expansion of outbound tourism from the new emerging markets of China, India and South-East Asia are changing the tourism market. How are countries responding to the shift in the market, who is leading the way and how will these shifts affect air services and what are airports, airlines and destinations doing to respond?
* Please note like all events, the programme is subject to change.