Read all the latest press releases here!
For further press information please contact:
World Routes - The World Route Development Forum Goes To Las Vegas In 2013
Posted 21/09/2010 - Viewed 6447 time(s)
- For Immediate Release -
WORLD ROUTES - THE WORLD ROUTE DEVELOPMENT FORUM GOES TO LAS VEGAS IN 2013
WORLD ROUTES - THE WORLD ROUTE DEVELOPMENT FORUM GOES TO LAS VEGAS IN 2013Vancouver, Canada, 20 September 2010
Las Vegas executives along with representatives from England-based UBM Aviation announced today that World Routes, The World Route Development Forum, will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, in 2013 marking the first time the international meeting of air service executives will be held in the United States.
Currently taking place in Vancouver, World Routes is the premier international networking forum for the world's aviation route development industry, bringing together airline route planners, airports and tourism authorities to discuss new and existing air services.
With nearly 3,000 people expected to attend the forum, including key executives from approximately 300 airlines and 1,000 airports from across the globe, Las Vegas will introduce the constituents to its new international terminal at McCarran International Airport, which is scheduled to open in 2012. Las Vegas executives anticipate a large return on their investment.
"The non-gaming economic impact of one British Airways flight from London to Las Vegas is currently $91 million annually," said Cathy Tull, Senior Vice President of Marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA). "This flight was the result of opportunities realised at previous Routes forums. We are hopeful that welcoming these key decision-makers to Las Vegas will expose them to our extraordinary entertainment, culinary, shopping and luxury travel offerings, and ultimately encourage new international airline routes into Las Vegas."
"Las Vegas is a fantastic stage for our first US World Routes event. The forum will bring thousands of airport and airline executives, and route planners to Las Vegas from around the world, resulting in additional air service and a positive long-term economic impact on the city," said Peter von Moltke, Chief Executive Officer, UBM Aviation.
As host for World Routes in 2013, Las Vegas looks forward to showcasing the myriad of experiences that make it a unique leisure and business destination, while expanding its current international air service even further.
Las Vegas currently enjoys 139 weekly non-stop flights from 12 international cities. In 2009, Las Vegas welcomed approximately 4.5 million international visitors - comprising nearly 14 per cent of all travelers to the destination.
Upcoming World Routes Forums will be held in Berlin, Germany, from 2-4 October 2011 and in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, from 30 October to 2 November 2012.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors:
About the LVCVA
Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center. With approximately 148,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and more than 10-million-square-feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA mission centers on attracting ever‑increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to www.visitlasvegas.com.
- World Routes - The World Route Development Forum - is the world renowned annual airline and airport networking event. Itfacilitates and encourages the role of airports in the development of air services through organising global and region specific airline/airport networking forums.
- This year's World Routes is taking place in Vancouver, Canada, 19th-21st September.
- Routes Regional events include Routes Americas, Routes Asia, Routes Europe, Routes Africa and Routes CIS.
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm-global.com.
- Both companies, and Routesonline.com, were acquired by UBM Aviation in August 2010. UBM Aviation specialises in the supply of data and information products, market intelligence, news and events related to the global aviation industry. More information can be found at www.ubmaviation.com.
- In April 2007, Routes won the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2007. The award, for outstanding business performance and commercial success, recognised Routes' sustained contribution to aviation route development through its innovative Regional and World Route Development Forums.
For further press information please contact Nadine Wenn at:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0)161 234 2711
113-115 Portland Street
Manchester M1 6DW