2nd Update at 0140GMT 08AUG14
China Airlines from 01DEC14 to 28FEB15 will launch service to Christchurch, its 2nd destination in New Zealand. The Skyteam member is planning to operate Taipei Taoyuan – Sydney – Christchurch route 3 times a week, on board Airbus A330-300. Taipei Taoyuan - Sydney sector will also increase from 4 weekly to daily.
Reservation for this route opened in the GDS after 0100GMT 08AUG14. Web booking on the airline's website is currently not available for Christchurch.
- CI055 TPE2300 - 1120+1SYD1240+1 - 1745+1CHC 333 146
- CI056 CHC1915 - 2030SYD2210 - 0430+1TPE 333 257
Service from Christchurch operates from 02DEC14 to 01MAR15.
In Northern Winter 2014/15 season, between December 2014 and February 2015, China Airlines' Australia / New Zealand operation includes the following:
- 4 weekly Boeing 747-400 Taipei Taoyuan – Brisbane – Auckland
- 4 weekly Airbus A330-300 Taipei Taoyuan – Sydney – Auckland
- 3 weekly Airbus A330-300 Taipei Taoyuan – Sydney – Christchurch