SIBIU is located in the center of Romania (SE Europe) in one of the most famous regions: Southern Transylvania, being the best choice for an international HUB in Romania. Sibiu International Airport - one of the newest and most modernly equipped airports in Romania New terminal, runway, taxiways and aprons opened in June 2008. Airport location close to the city centre (3km) Annual passengers - 2015: around 300 000 pax (+28% more passengers than in 2014) Airlines...
- List of Top 5 airlines: Good connection to the hub in Munich with 4 daily direct flights
- Number of Serving Airlines: 6
- Number of Direct Destinations: 9 scheduled destinations, 1 summer charter destinations
- Number of Terminals: 1
Lufthansa in summer 2017 season plans to increase operations on Munich – Sibiu route, as the airline schedules up to 19 weekly flights...
- Wizz Air opens Sibiu base and adds Suceava in Romanian growth
- WizzAir Expands Romania Service; New Sibiu Base from late-Aug 2016
- ✈ 2016: Start-up aid tender for opening new routes from SBZ
- Blue Air announces Sibiu ✈ Köln/Bonn
- Blue Air Outlines Planned New Routes in S16
- Wizz Air Reveals Romanian Route Rises for Summer