Introduction to Africa World Airlines
Africa World Airlines Limited (AWA) is a private-sector Ghanaian airline that operates from a base in Accra. It is the largest and only all-jet airline in Ghana.
The airline is a joint venture between HNA Group/Hainan Airlines and other Chinese and Ghanaian shareholders.
AWA has been issued with Air Carrier License (ACL) number 222 and Air Operator Certificate (AOC) number 030 by the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA). The airline commenced flight operations on 21st September 2012 with services from Accra to Kumasi and Tamale using Embraer 145 aircraft. The airline now operates 8...
Africa World Airlines has announced service resumption on Tuesday (21APR20), initially operating 1 daily flight to Kumasi and Tamale. Embraer...
- Africa World plans Abidjan launch in Feb 2020
- Cape Town Air Access named the Overall Winner for second year running in the Routes Africa 2019 Awards
- South African Airways begins Africa World Airlines codeshare from Oct 2019
- Airline in focus: Africa World Airlines
- Africa World Airlines adds Wa service from Oct 2019
- Africa World expands Accra – Lagos service from late-Oct 2019
Latest Updates from Africa World Airlines
Africa World Airlines:
has updated their profile
3 months 11 days ago
9 months 20 days ago