Africa World Airlines Limited (AWA) is a private-sector Ghanaian airline that operates from a base in Accra. It is the largest and only all-jet airline in Ghana.
The airline is a joint venture between HNA Group/Hainan Airlines and other Chinese and Ghanaian shareholders.
AWA has been issued with Air Carrier License (ACL) number 222 and Air Operator Certificate (AOC) number 030 by the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA). The airline commenced flight operations on 21st September 2012 with services from Accra to Kumasi and Tamale using Embraer 145 aircraft. The airline now operates 8...
South African Airways at the launch of Northern winter 2019/20 season is introducing codeshare partnership with Africa World Airlines, covering...
- Airline in focus: Africa World Airlines
- Africa World Airlines adds Wa service from Oct 2019
- Africa World expands Accra – Lagos service from late-Oct 2019
- Africa World Airlines to launch flights to Wa
- Africa World Airlines to operate daily to Freetown and Monrovia
- Uganda Airlines, Kenya Airways, Africa World Airlines and Air Zimbabwe register for Routes Africa 2019
3 months 29 days ago
6 months 2 days ago