About The Airport
Pafos International Airport is Cyprus’ second largest of the island’s airports. It is managed by Hermes Airports, the operator that is also responsible for Larnaka International Airport. The new passenger terminal in Pafos in 2008.
Hermes airports, the operator of both Larnaka International Airport and Pafos International Airport, is a consortium comprised of nine local and international shareholders that assumed management & control of the Airports in 2006, under a 25-year BOT Concession Agreement with the Republic of Cyprus.
In 2019 Pafos airport served 3.04m passengers, with 25 airlines having operated to 50 destinations in 25 countries.
Most of the traffic served from/to Pafos airport is for leisure/holiday (estimated at 80%), driven mostly by inbound tourism, whereas the rest is mainly ‘Visiting Friends and Relatives. The split of passenger traffic between Cyprus residents and non-Cyprus residents is 20/80% respectively.
Although the United Kingdom is the main market for the airport, with more than half of the traffic originating from/to this market, more markets have been developing in the last few years in both Europe and the Middle East Area.
Albeit the difficult times that all airports are going through due to the Covid-19 and the expected impact on traveling and the projected traffic, several airlines recovering operations to various destinations in a number of countries.
Several major upgrades and improvements have recently been introduced to the Airport’s facilities, including:
- The 'Sense of Place' project, aims to imbue the airports with visual and sensory elements from Cyprus' culture over a three-year period
- The introduction and operation of new technologies including mobile and remote check-in counters, real-time passenger information, and BorderXpress interactive kiosks.
Facts and Figures
- Number of Serving Airlines: 25
- Number of Direct Destinations: 50
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1 (11/20)
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2,699 m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 3.04m (2019)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 398 (2019)
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 20